New Delhi, India : August 9, 2016: NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR) (www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, announces the launch of its ReadyNAS® 210 Series of world-class Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices for home and home office networks with new two- and four-bay models in India.
Based on a quad-core 1.4GHz ARM Cortex processor, ReadyNAS 212 (RN212) (www.netgear.com/ReadyNAS212) and ReadyNAS 214 (RN214) (www.netgear.com/ReadyNAS214) sets a new standard for consumer NAS by delivering real-time 1080p high-definition video transcoding so you can view your HD content on any screen, anywhere at home and over the Internet. ReadyNAS 212 and 214 are the first ARM-based designs to deliver that capability in a cost-effective storage solution. As a result, ReadyNAS 212 and 214 offer the best performance in their value class for storing, streaming, transcoding, and protecting all your precious photos, videos and files.
ReadyNAS 212 and 214 are the only consumer NAS to offer a combination of real-time 1080p HD streaming and transcoding (MPEG4, H.264 and other popular CODECs), wire-speed anti-virus scanning with near-zero loss of throughput, and up to double the throughput with dual Ethernet interfaces in Link Aggregation mode. They are the obvious choice for media enthusiasts, photo hobbyists, and home power users with lots of HD multimedia files to store and retrieve.
ReadyNAS 212 and 214 are the fastest consumer NAS devices in the market, delivering up to 200MBps/read (megabytes per second) and 160MBps/write throughput. As more 802.11ac WiFi devices are connected to the home network, the one gigabit-per-second speed of an Ethernet port has increasingly become a bottleneck.
ReadyNAS 212 and 214 features and benefits:
- High performance ARM Cortex A15 1.4GHz quad-core processor
- 1080p HD real-time streaming and transcoding (VC, MP4, MPEG4, H.264) to 480p for mobile devices
- Near-zero loss of throughput during built-in anti-virus scanning
- 2GB of onboard RAM
- Two Gigabit Ethernet Ports with Link Aggregation
- Three SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports and one eSATA port
- Up to 200MBps* read and 160MBps* write speeds in a RAID configuration
- Professional-grade BTRFS file system
- 5-level data protection offering RAID data redundancy, automatic backup, unlimited snapshots, bitrot prevention, and cloud resource
- Powerful desktop apps for complete file syncing and automatic backup
- Time Machine® backup for all the Mac® s in your home
- Ease of use features such as one-click file sharing via a web link
- Media serving with DLNA® , iTunes® and popular third-party streaming applications such as Plex
- Free mobile apps for anywhere cloud access and photo backup
- Expandable capacity up to 12TB for the 2-bay model and 24 TB for the 4-bay model
- Disk spin-down for energy savings
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR RN212 is priced at INR 30,698 while RN214 is priced at INR 38,396. Backed by 3 years warranty, the NETGEAR RN212 and RN214 are available through authorized NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels and retail partners in India. For more information on RN212 and RN214, visit